Early detection of patient deterioration
Patient deterioration between routine nurse observation rounds can go undetected for hours, leading to serious and costly consequences. Sensium’s monitoring and smart algorithms continuously process and analyse all patient data, generating targeted notifications of deterioration, efficiently bringing the nurse to the deteriorating patient.
ICU-standard vital sign measurement
Sensium features a light, comfortable patch worn on the patient’s chest, which accurately and reliably monitors vital signs, providing data every two minutes.
- Heart rate – Single lead ECG, superior to cuff-based/SP02 sensor pulse rate.
- Respiratory rate – Impedance pneumography, superior to ECG derived respiration
- Axilla temperature – Superior to skin temperature, surrogate for core body temperature.
- Activity/posture – putting vital signs in context
Clinically validated key benefits
Over 25 peer reviewed publications have proven that the Sensium system has led to the following clinical and economic benefits:
- Patient comfort and safety – Comfortable, unobtrusive patch, patient felt safer2
- Economic benefits – 29% Reduction of length of stay and 80% Reduction in unplanned critical care transfers3
- Earlier intervention – treat sepsis 6 hours faster4
Right Care, Right Time
Sensium can be used to give more context to a patient’s condition, by looking at vitals trends and observations combined. This can indicate which patients might need more care and provides data to make clinical decisions.
Healthcare professionals can spend time with patient’s who might need a little bit of extra attention and provide enhanced care for patients.
Streamline Electronic Observations
Sensium’s E-Obs module has been designed to enable nurses to take patient observations quickly, accurately, and easily. Changes in patient risk profile are rapidly highlighted, supporting efficient triggering of escalation pathways.
- Automatic calculation of Early warning scores including NEWS2
- Patch vital sign data pre-populated for EWS calculation
- Easily view the time until the next observation set is due
- Integration with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), view observation data in the most convenient location.