About the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and their charity, CW+, have launched the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund to help our staff provide the best possible care for these patients.
The COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund will support our hospitals in three key areas:
• New Equipment – Including ventilators, blood gas machines and patient vital-sign monitors
• New Technology – Including remote monitoring devices, digital consultation tools and mobile tablets
• Support for Frontline Staff – Including the creation and establishment of Health and Wellbeing hubs at our hospitals to provide respite, information and refreshment for our teams; and the recruitment and deployment of a specialist volunteer workforce to support staff and patients on our wards and across our organisation
Please go to the CW+ website to donate: www.cwplus.org.uk/donate
CWPLUS Registered Charity No.1169897
About CW Innovation
The CW Innovation programme, led by Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and its charity CW+, aims to identify and deliver high-impact innovation initiatives and improvements that support the goal of delivering exceptional patient care and experience, and address some of the real-time challenges that healthcare organisations face today.
Together, the Trust and the charity have been working to develop a proactive and open environment for the introduction and evaluation of the latest clinical and digital innovations. By building on our existing portfolio of innovation projects and our growing reputation in this field – we are a Global Digital Exemplar and a founding partner of the DigitalHealth.London Accelerator – we are looking to significantly expand our programme of work as CW Innovation.
About Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The Trust manages Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, West Middlesex Hospital and a number of community sexual health and HIV services across London. It employs over 6,000 staff who care for nearly one million people. The Trust provides a range of specialist clinical services as well as general hospital services for people living locally, which include A&E and maternity at both hospital sites:
- One of the top ranked and top performing hospital trusts in the UK
- One of the largest A&E providers in the UK, treating over 325,000 patients each year
- One of the largest providers of women and children’s care in the country, delivering over 10,000 babies every year
- Home to many specialist programmes including a Burns Service, which is the leading centre for London and the South East, and an internationally-recognised HIV and sexual health service which has been at the forefront of the global fight against HIV / AIDS for the past 30 years
About Sensium and the Surgical Company Group
Sensium is part of the Surgical Company Group, a collection of 9 healthcare business with a shared goal of improving patient outcomes. The Group ventures include innovative med tech development with a global customer footprint and European distribution businesses. The group is headquartered out of Amersfoort NL.
Sensium is a UK med tech company based just outside Oxford where we employ a team of highly specialised and skilled engineers and scientists. Originally a spin out from Imperial college Sensium have been at the forefront of the research and development of remote patient monitoring and now have over 20 peer reviewed publications validating the Sensium® system.
The Sensium® system is a discreet, wearable, wireless system for monitoring vital signs of patients. Smart algorithms continuously process and analyse all patient data, generating targeted notifications of patient deterioration, efficiently bringing the nurse to the deteriorating patient.
Further Information can be found at: